About Agilence Inc:
Agilence (agilenceinc.com) is the leader in cloud-based data analytics for store operations and loss prevention in the Retail and Restaurant industries. We develop Agilence Data Analytics, an intelligent reporting solution that enables organizations to easily connect the dots within their stores or restaurants by automatically collecting and summarizing data to identify anomalies and trends that can improve operations and reduce fraud. The application provides users with a complete view of their business, empowering them to make informed decisions faster, improving profit margins across the enterprise.
As a Data Integration Software Engineer, you will play a critical role in analyzing and implementing solutions for ingesting customer data into our application and making that data available for the users of the application. Accompanying you on this journey is a team of software engineers responsible for all aspects of the software development lifecycle which includes estimating, technical design, integration, implementation, documentation, testing, deployment, and support of our SaaS platform for our enterprise clients. You will also work with other members of the Agilence family including front-end engineers, testers, architects, and product owners to build world-class enterprise software using modern tools and techniques in the cloud.
- Work with the rest of the Integration Team to ensure high-quality integration delivery.
- Participate in technical planning & requirements gathering including developing test plans, creating technical documentation, writing/modifying user stories, and designing solutions based on requirements.
- Provide accurate planning information and work effort estimates to meet project deliverables.
- Develop application programs and integration solutions based on requirements.
- Deliver high-quality code by creating unit tests and ensuring all acceptance criteria are met.
- Ensure that the technical software development process is followed and drive continuous improvement through thoughtful feedback and ideas.
- Remain current in state-of-the-art software frameworks and programming methods and continually hone your craft.
- Identify the root cause of technical problems and implement change to reduce or prevent future problems.
- Participate in analysis and solutions of production issues as presented.
- As necessary, interface with internal & external clients to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- BS in Computer Science or related discipline; or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years experience in enterprise-grade software development
- Expert in designing and developing applications in a secure and scalable way using various technologies and languages such as C#, .NET Core (or .NET 5), JSON, and XML.
- Expert in professional practices and methodologies (Test Driven Development, Pair Programming, Code Reviews, Refactoring Techniques, Agile/Scrum).
- Expert with the Microsoft toolchain.
- Experience in database design and SQL.
- Experience with Continuous Integration practices using tools like Jenkins and Teamcity.
- Experience with unit testing, code-coverage and quality tools like SonarQube and Ndepend.
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills to identify root cause of complex issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with cloud platforms, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) Microsoft Azure, and Docker.
- Experience with developing and testing large-scale, large-volume and highly distributed systems.
- Experience creating or working with ETL tools and technologies.
- Experience with RESTful APIs and Microservices.
- Experience with web applications and technologies such as Angular and HTML5.
To apply to this position, please email an updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line.
Search Firm Representatives please read: Agilence is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Agilence via email, the Internet, or directly to hiring managers at Agilence in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Agilence, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Agilence as a result of the referral or through other means.