UX / UI Designer
Remote ● Development ● Full-time
Who we are
Agilence is the leader in loss prevention analytics, helping prominent retail, restaurant, and grocery companies increase their profit margins by reducing preventable loss.
At Agilence, we specialize in uniting digital and physical transactions to help cutting-edge loss prevention teams expand beyond traditional theft and fraud to tackle preventable loss in all its forms – in the store, online, and at the corporate office.
Every day, Agilence analyzes over 24 million transactions for our customers, transforming data into insights, and insights into actions. Our platform combines data from 200+ sources, including point-of-sale (POS), eCommerce, HR, labor, inventory, product, third-party delivery platforms, alarms, case management, loyalty, access control, video surveillance, and more.
Companies have saved millions of dollars by optimizing operations, identifying sources of margin erosion, and reducing shrink using Agilence. Many have also improved employee and customer safety, identified training opportunities, improved customer experiences, increased promotional success and eliminated productivity gaps.
As UX/UI Designer, you will help evolve and refine existing initiatives while developing future strategic design decisions. You should be prepared to support and drive significant portions of major design initiatives, blending and balancing business goals with user goals, and partnering with multi-disciplinary teams.
You will solve problems through a collaborative design process with clients and colleagues and communicate those ideas clearly to internal and external stakeholders. You should have a firm grounding in interaction design principles and an innate interest in shaping our portfolio of products.
We are looking for a UX/UI Designer with a strong interest and passion for design and development of engaging user experiences. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UI skills, and be able to translate business requirements into descriptive mockups and functional prototypes.
- Design solutions that incorporate modern usability and interaction design practices, including both responsive and device-native strategies
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, site maps, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Identifies requirements by researching and analyzing user needs, preferences, objectives, and working methods; observes and identifies how users consume content
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product management and engineering to design innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals, and experience
- Clearly and effectively present ideas, research findings, mockups, and other deliverables to development teams, customer focused teams, and other stakeholders
- Work collaboratively on creative teams that include both clients and internally
- Stay up to date on current themes, trends, and technologies in user experience design
- Maintain a solid understanding of front-end development and technology
- Follow good accessibility practices in all design work
- Adhere to product design guidelines and promote best practices and standards
- Working knowledge of basic principles of visual design and related tools that support UX deliverables, such as wireframes, prototypes, and flowcharts
- An eye for creating elegant, easy-to-use interfaces for applications with a rich and complex set of features
- Attention to detail and a focus on end user simplicity and efficiency
- Proficiency in Adobe XD and Photoshop, Figma, or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Ability to understand customer needs, motivations, and behaviors and translate them into actionable deliverables
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
Search Firm Representatives please read: Agilence is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Agilence via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Agilence in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Agilence, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Agilence as a result of the referral or through other means.
To apply to this position, please email an updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line.