As a Quality Engineer on the Engineering team, you will participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle which includes estimating, technical design, implementation, documentation, testing, deployment and support of our SaaS platform for our enterprise clients. You will be part of an agile team working with other engineers, testers, architects and product owners to build world-class enterprise software using modern tools and techniques in the cloud.
- Participate in technical planning & requirements gathering phases including; writing/modifying user stories, designing solutions based on requirements, and creating technical documentation.
- Develop and Maintain comprehensive Test Plans and Test Cases to be used in User Story and Regression Testing.
- Perform thorough manual and automated testing for newly developed features, as well as new customer data integrations, ensuring that all requirements and acceptance criteria are met.
- Perform extensive Regression and Performance Testing.
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt and work with team members of various experience levels (virtually and/or in-person).
- Ensure that technical software development process is followed and drive continuous improvement through thoughtful feedback and ideas.
- Use Target Process to track and manage all work through the development life cycle.
- Clearly document all software bugs to allow developers to easily reproduce and fix issues.
- Identify root cause of technical problems and implement change to reduce or prevent future problems.
- Participate in problem analysis and program fixes to production problems.
- Remain current in state-of-the-art quality frameworks and testing methods and continually hone your craft.
- Occasionally interface with internal & external clients to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- BS in Computer Science or related discipline; or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years’ experience in enterprise-grade software testing.
- Experience with front-end and back-end .NET web application testing
- Experience in writing and executing SQL queries, and ability to use this as another means of setup and validation.
- Experience with writing Automated Tests with tools such as Test Complete, Unified Functional Testing, FitNesse, Selenium, and Test Café.
- Experience working in Agile software development teams.
- Experience with Continuous Integration practices using tools like Jenkins, Teamcity.
- Experience with unit testing, code-coverage and quality tools like SonarQube, Ndepend.
- Experience with Source Control Systems such as Subversion and Git.
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills to identify root cause of complex issues.
- Ability to work in a very fast paced environment, with the ability to juggle various projects without compromising quality.
- Capability to test an application without simply following a script. Ability to create comprehensive test cases which accomplish the goal of confirming acceptance criteria, as well as making sure existing functionality is not negatively impacted.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with cloud platforms, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, etc. is a plus.
- Experience with developing and testing large-scale, large-volume and highly distributed systems.
- Experience with the Microsoft toolchain.
Search Firm Representatives please read: Agilence is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Agilence via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Agilence in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Agilence, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Agilence as a result of the referral or through other means.
To apply to this position, please email an updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line.