From the initial idea for a new feature to the deployment and use of the software in production, and from the setup of a new virtual host machine to the maintenance of hundreds of virtual machines the Software Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for all facets of the QA Life Cycle. As a full-fledged member of the development team, you will work very closely with developers and other QA Engineers, as well as other members of the organization such as the Help Desk and Customer Success teams. The ideal candidate should enjoy the challenge that comes along with being the last line of defense in preventing bugs from getting into the hands of our end users.
- Actively take part in planning sessions and requirements gathering sessions
- Develop and Maintain comprehensive Test Plans, Test Cases, Acceptance Criteria, and Automated Scripts
- Perform thorough testing for newly developed features as well as customer integrations
- Perform extensive regression and performance testing
- Clearly document all software bugs to allow developers to easily reproduce the issues
- Troubleshoot programming and functional defects throughout development iterations, as well as production issues
- Execute and improve QA processes supporting Agile/Scrum software development
- Setup and Maintain all aspects of your test environments, including hardware, software, and databases
- Accelerate and expand utilization of test automation
- You were a great student. Nothing gets you ready for to start catching some bugs like a fundamental understanding of the basics. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / MIS required.
- You've got some experience under your belt (2+ yrs) with Databases such as SQL Server, Test automation tools such as TestComplete, Unified Functional Testing, FitNesse, Source control systems such as Subversion, Visual Source Safe, Virtual test environments such as Hyper-V and VMware
- You have Database experience and knowledge of writing and executing SQL queries, installation and administration of MS SQL Server or similar full SQL DB You are experienced with test automation tools used to test data intensive, web based and n-tier applications, including the actual creation of automated tests
- You have created and executed test plans and test cases
- You are able to work in a fast paced Agile/Scrum environment without compromising quality
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills You have no fear. Embrace the unknown. There are so many cool things to be accomplished.
- You are an explorer and risk taker. We can teach you what we do. But, unless you have that thirst for knowledge, you won't fit in. We want people who see a new tool or technology and download it just because it looks cool. You aren't afraid to fail. What? Edison said he found 10,000 ways not to make a light bulb before he made it work. We are going to break a few eggs here and make some mistakes. They are learning experiences and we embrace them.
- You are not a slacker. We work fast and we still deliver high quality results. This job is not for the timid. We are going to teach you and we work as a team. As part of that team, it's all or nothing. Either you succeed as a team or you don't.
- You won't let them down. At the end of the day it's all about results. We need team members who are hard-working and fast learners. We'll give you the tools you need to succeed and teach you how to use them. But, you have to have that drive and motivation to take it to the next level and try to do things no one else has done before.
We are always looking at new technologies and new tools. We want you to bring new ideas to the group and help us move into the future. And don't be afraid to speak up if you see something wrong. Everyone here has the ability, the obligation, to stop the process if we heading down a bad path. Whether it's a UI feature or a fundamental architecture change, we need your feedback and advice. Your input is priceless! Interested? Drop us a line with your resume and we will be in touch!
Search Firm Representatives please read: Agilence is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Agilence via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Agilence in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Agilence, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Agilence as a result of the referral or through other means.
To apply to this position, please email an updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line.