Product Manager, Data Integrations
Remote ● Marketing ● Full-time
Who we are
Agilence is the leader in loss prevention analytics, helping prominent retail, restaurant, and grocery companies increase their profit margins by reducing preventable loss.
At Agilence, we specialize in uniting digital and physical transactions to help cutting-edge loss prevention teams expand beyond traditional theft and fraud to tackle preventable loss in all its forms – in the store, online, and at the corporate office.
Every day, Agilence analyzes over 24 million transactions for our customers, transforming data into insights, and insights into actions. Our platform combines data from 200+ sources, including point-of-sale (POS), eCommerce, HR, labor, inventory, product, third-party delivery platforms, alarms, case management, loyalty, access control, video surveillance, and more.
Companies have saved millions of dollars by optimizing operations, identifying sources of margin erosion, and reducing shrink using Agilence. Many have also improved employee and customer safety, identified training opportunities, improved customer experiences, increased promotional success and eliminated productivity gaps.
As Product Manager, you are the consummate team player, adept at managing relationships, collaborating, and influencing across a variety of organizational functions. You will work multiple stakeholders with sometimes competing views to develop a roadmap and supporting set of features to help drive growth and profitability for Agilence.
You should be prepared to make decisions with imperfect information, know how to lead without authority and be comfortable managing ambiguity, and complexity. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy that includes a big-picture view of the end goal and the attention to detail necessary drive the implementation of the tactical features to reality. You must also enjoy spending time in the market to understand market problems and to find innovative solutions for the broader market.
You will play a critical role to ingest customer data into our application and making that data available for the users of the application. You will standardize data templates, ingestion processes including APIs, and customer requirements. In order to evolve into a best-in-class product, new processes, technologies, and opportunities will constantly be under review. The integration process is critical to business success and overall growth. Improvements in how we ingest and navigate customer data, drives scalability and revenue opportunities. Understanding new technology developments, market requirements, and new opportunities to drive improved implementation. You will also work with other members of the Agilence including front-end engineers, testers, architects, and product owners to build world-class enterprise software using modern tools and techniques in the cloud.
Communications skills are key to success in this role. You will work closely with the development team to define user stories, agree on acceptance criteria, and develop use cases for implementation and QA testing. You will be also dealing with the Customer Success organization to take feedback on customer requests and learn to properly prioritize those requests that align with the company’s objectives. You will work with marketing to craft the product message and supporting collateral by providing key product and market insights. In short, you must be prepared to communicate with all areas of the company.
You will be responsible for the documentation, release notes, training guides, and sales enablement for the product and releases.
- Create user stories for current and future projects based on the consolidation of knowledge from market research, competitive intelligence, customer input, Customer Success, and other important stakeholders.
- Manage the product including release planning, documentation, marketing collateral, training components, release notes and more.
- Make workflows/wireframes
- Develop and manage a prioritized product roadmap consistent with client needs and company vision.
- Coordinate with product teams, engineering, and other applicable groups to ensure seamless execution.
- Analyze various market segments, partnerships, and new technology opportunities and collaborate with leadership to choose the best ones to pursue. Drive buy-build-partner analysis, and where necessary, review potential partner relationships for the product.
- Know why we are winning and losing in the market, and drive changes to our product and processes to create improvement. Keep a finger on the pulse of our competition and develop strategies and tactics to reduce the threat. Ability to perform product gap and competitive analysis.
- Understand the developer persona and ensure API products are easy to implement, well documented and designed to our high standards.
- Be curious and creative - work with the team to design experiments, measure, and learn
- Be data driven and use it to influence your decision making
- Experience with complex products involving complex data pipelines, integrations, databases, schemas, or similar.
- A strong understanding of how APIs work, including experience in building and launching various APIs, including API-based products and services.
- Excellent written and communication skills with the ability to collaborate & communicate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to provide execution details through product specs and user stories.
- Data and analytical skills, with proficiency in SQL a strong plus.
- Demonstrable measurement capabilities: Google Tag manager, Google Analytics, SQL, Python, or other.
- Ability to articulate complex problems to a wide variety of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Track record of using qualitative and quantitative data to prioritize and drive decision-making.
- Proficient in Jira.
- Experience with best practice agile scrum development and lean startup principles.
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties.
- Deep developer empathy and the ability to distill customer use cases into a set of flexible APIs and features.
- B2B commerce experience a plus.
- Subject matter expert/industry experience a strong plus.
Search Firm Representatives please read: Agilence is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Agilence via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Agilence in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Agilence, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Agilence as a result of the referral or through other means.
To apply to this position, please email an updated resume to email@example.com with the position title in the subject line.